Arbor is the world’s first marketplace for people-based data. Our mission is to democratize data that previously has only been available to the internet giants. The Arbor team is building a disruptive technology platform that will make it easier for businesses to securely and transparently share, distribute, and transact against data assets at scale. The sell-side of our marketplace includes some of the world’s largest mobile applications and web publishers. Buyers include Fortune 500 brands and retailers along with prominent technology companies across big data, advertising, marketing, media and finance amongst others.
Director of Client Services
The Director of Client Services is responsible for leading Arbor’s post-sales processes. This includes everything from defining sales and client services operations to figuring out how we structure customer engagement and identify account growth opportunities. This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience leading complex operations spanning multiple teams and product lines; and significant experience leading teams. You will collaborate across teams to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our Arbor product suite to our clients. You will be consistently challenged to partner with Arbor colleagues to create a rock-solid, scalable analytic foundation for explosive growth.
The Director will design the vision for Arbor Client Services and align the team and cross-functional departments around an optimal client experience. We are looking for a leader and a builder who can make Arbor’s post-sales processes more efficient over time and ensure our clients get as much value as possible from our product as soon as they go-live.
This role reports to the Founders.
- Proactively drive the strategic direction and priorities for Client Services based on Arbor's needs.
- Deliver an industry leading client experience by designing client implementation strategy.
- Deeply understand Arbor customers, technology and product roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally across Arbor teams, including product, technical support, and sales to plan rollouts and ongoing support needs.
- Identify customer needs and advocate for features that should be addressed by the Arbor product roadmap.
- Identify upsell and new revenue opportunities amongst existing partners.
- Support the growth of the Client Services team: hire, develop, and mentor team members; participate in the development of processes and best practices for the team; proactively plan for the future by identifying and addressing potential bottlenecks, gaps, and risks as Arbor continues to grow.
- Work closely with Tier 1 customers and act as Arbor's liaison to partners.
- Create, define and document scalable implementation best practices.
- Develop cadence and structure of client engagement, including development of quarterly business revenues (QBRs)
- Refine CRM system and forecasting tools for business development and sales teams.
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier university.
- Background in either leading operational teams at a high growth technology company or Management Consulting experience managing a client team responsible for operational effectiveness.
- Proven success as an effective people leader in a client services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to carry this collaborative culture and management style to interactions with other departments and stakeholders in the organization, inclusive of an easy ability to build relationships across the organization.
- Operationally minded person with experience in creating standardized processes.
- Experience leading large implementations within adtech / martech / big data organizations a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interpret workflows and apply business strategies for improvement.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to think outside the box, optimize processes and lead change.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
Platform Analyst (NYC)
Arbor is recruiting a Platform Analyst to join our team and ensure partnerships with new and existing clients are successful. We want you to come in and help build out our ability to handle on-boarding, troubleshooting, and client requests with rapid growth in mind.
- Identify, drive, and optimize the business growth flow from partners of Arbor Technologies.
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Improve product feature offerings by bringing customer feedback to the team.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner's integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies.
- 1 year of relevant work experience, including programming and scripting experience.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
Frontend Software Engineer (NYC)
Arbor is recruiting a Front-End Software Engineer to join our team and build out our visualization-rich reporting and analytics dashboards. We are highly collaborative and provide an environment which fosters constant learning and honing of new skills. Though we're small and moving fast, we're also building to last, and know what it takes to create and maintain a Google-scale service (we've done it.) We want you to come in and help lay the technical foundation on which our product is built.
- Own the process of building our client-facing platform. This includes transforming large datasets into complex visualizations
- Influence the way our customers experience our technology
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to understand and interact with our back-end infrastructure
- Be open to learning new technologies that we work with on a daily basis such as Go and Kubernetes
- You have a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You have demonstrated experience in building, deploying and maintaining single-page applications
- You are comfortable diving into the Rails / Python / Node.js backend from time to time
- You love solving problems and writing clean, efficient code
- You are opinionated about your tools. Love jQuery? Great. Hate jQuery? Great
- You have coded a non-trivial system from start to finish. CSS, persistence, deployment, et cetera
- You’re passionate about the care and feeding of a large, complex codebase
Software Engineer (NYC)
Unlock new value for enterprise clients by solving some of their biggest problems. We work with a lot of fun technologies and new techniques to get that done, like Docker & Kubernetes, and graph algorithms running over scaled SSD arrays. Though we're small and moving fast, we're also building to last, and know what it takes to create and maintain a Google-scale service (we've done it). We want you to come in and help lay the technical foundation on which our product is built.
- Be very proficient in at least one compiled, one interpreted language and one web framework
- Have extensive experience with distributed systems
- Understand Linux to a degree where you’d be comfortable admin’ing a fleet of boxes
- Be able to design and implement a large, efficient codebase
- Be able to ballpark the computational complexity of a snippet of code
- Understand DNS, TCP, and HTTP
- Be able to decompose business requirements into a set of RESTful resources
- Have experience with the full stack. From the database to CSS.
- Be able to both identify and implement a practical test suite
It would be neat if you:
- Have run a system on EC2 or Google Compute Engine
- Know how to decompose an algorithm to map/combine/reduce phases
- Are interested in client-side frameworks like React and Flux
- Have experience coaxing functional requirements out of business requirements
- Have experience in the advertising industry
- Write a practical test suite for your personal code and push it to a CI server
- Like using tools like Git Flow to organize releases, features, and fixes
Account Manager (NYC or SF)
Help the world’s largest brands, publishers and app developers overcome their largest marketing challenges. Since we’re a small, scrappy team you will be responsible for your own book of business end-to-end from pre-sales and proposal stages through deployment and ongoing customer success. As one of our first business hires, you’ll play a critical role in defining our sales and customer engagement processes.
- Have an undergraduate degree
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and be accountable
- Have strong analytical skills and an ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Enjoy investigating, analyzing & solving problems, and are able to clearly articulate results
- Have solid experience in Excel including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
- Perform well in consultative, client-facing environments
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Know your Powerpoint
- Be self-motivated, proactive and passionate about your work
- Be skilled at consultative sales, relationship building, and customer service
- Be sufficiently technical, be naturally curious about how things work and have an eagerness to learn
It would be neat if you:
- Have deep knowledge of and experience in programmatic marketing: DSPs, ad serving, data exchanges and other marketing/advertising technology platforms
- Understand the online advertising landscape and latest digital media trends
- Have experience developing compelling and detailed media proposals
- Have prior sales or business development experience and a rolodex of brands and publishers
- Previously served in a sales engineering or technical account management role
- Understand mobile advertising, database marketing, and attribution